The process is pretty simple, and I spent lots of time researching to understand:
1. What driving license should I take?
2. The most economically (not cheapest but value for your money) option to get my Singapore driving license
3. What to avoid by doing this
4. Changing of different private instructors (not all were good) until I settled for a great one.
And oh boy, if you don’t simply want to throw money (more expensive) with the driving school, You should try the path I’ve taken. In Singapore, you can take your driving lessons in any of the driving centres here: Bukit Batok driving centre, Comfort driving centre (ubi driving centre) and Woodlands driving centre.
For this website, I look forward to sharing my experience with you and I hope your journey will be less complicated in comparison with what I experienced. We make an effort to provide the best match for you in attempting to find your private driving instructor and elearning support for your Basic Theory Test (BTT) and Final Theory Test (FTT).
Things to cover / learn in Basic Theory Test / Exam?
We strongly suggest you acquire the Basic Theory of Driving – The Official Handbook from the school ( it comes as a package with the Final Theory Test handbook) when you book for your Basic Theory Test. When taking your Singapore driving license, you can hire a private driving instructor for your practical tests at the same time while studying for your basic theory test and final theory test. Check out the Traffic Police Singapore website for other details.
Introduction to driving (in Singapore), different classes of driving licenses
Singapore Road Signs and Signals (you literally have to memorise each one of these)
Singapore Traffic Rules and Regulations (again just pure memorisation)
Code of Conduct on the road
Parts and Control of A Car (Basic)
And other nitty gritty details which we will not cover here.
After you clear your Basic Theory Test (you will get your results straight away with a print out), your Basic Theory Test “Pass Results” stays with you for good.
This means that, you will be able to proceed to carry out the next 2 steps (together if you want)
1. Obtain a Provisional Driving License (PDL) – this allows you to learn practical lessons on the roads with a certified driving instructor. Without this PDL, you can not book for your driving lessons
2. Book your Final Theory Test date. You definitely need to clear your Basic Theory Test Date before booking for your Final Theory Test Date.
We will help you clear your Basic Theory Test (BTT) easily.
Taking Your Driving Lessons in Singapore for your Traffic Police Driving License Test
Generally speaking your driving lessons (from beginning to end) involve both theoretical and practical lessons.
The sequence of your driving lessons are as (in order):
1. Basic Theory Lessons (theoretical)
You are able to really study from home at your own comfort you can also attend the lessons covered by the various driving schools. In fact, the Basic Theory Test is based on the basic concepts of driving and understanding the various road signs and traffic regulation. Pretty much rote learning (memorization) in my personal opinion.
2. Final Theory Lessons (theoretical)
Also known “Advance Theory Test”, you can too attend final theory driving lessons if you wish to and like the Basic Theory Tests, we feel it is sufficient to study at your own pace.
3. Practical Driving Lessons (practical)
Unlike the theoretical nature above, you are required to either attend a driving school for your school driving lessons or engage a private driving instructor for your private driving lessons.